One of five libraries in Pacific County, Washington, and one of the 27 libraries in the Timberland Regional Library system, the Ocean Park Timberland Library shares a collection of over one and a half million books, CDs, DVDs, audiobooks, eBooks, and more.
From 1944 until 1983 the Ocean Park library was housed in the Ocean Park Elementary School. The Pacific County bookmobile served the area, until the former Mason County bookmobile became a temporary Ocean Park library. A new library was built and opened in June 1985.
In 2012 the library was remodeled and nearly doubled in size from 3,200 to 5,932 square feet. The library now features new furnishings, additional seating areas, a separate space for teens, a larger children’s area, lighting for the shelving and new carpet and paint.
The Ilwaco Timberland Library is pleased to provide services beyond access for all to our extensive shared collection of books, CDs, and DVDs. In addition to print books, we have:
* Downloadable eBooks, audiobooks, and magazines.
* Free printing, scanning, and faxing, as well as copying for $0.10 per page.
* Computers with access to the Internet, Microsoft Office software, reference databases, and online classes. (You can also access databases and online classes from other devices and at home with your library card!)
* A Wi-Fi hotspot that extends to the parking lot so you can bring your own devices and get online, even after hours.
* A dedicated space for teens in middle and high school to craft, game, read, play, or even do homework.
* A play area for kids and families with puzzles, games, and toys that encourage creativity, cooperation, and literacy.
* Activities and programs for kids, teens, adults, and families. Check out our Events page to see what’s coming up.
* Business and employment resources, including Job Assist laptops for use in applying for jobs, building skills through online training, and getting career guidance. (Job Assist laptops are provided through a partnership with WorkSource and the Pacific Mountain Workforce Development Coalition.)